hello there, I love your blog! Do you have any “don’t ‘s” when it comes to fictional relationships. I am writing a romantic relationship that was formed in an zombie apocalypse, any tips? - Anonymous
Hi, first of all thanks!
I thought quite a bit about this and I think I’m going to give you a list of do’s and don’ts. Now take everything I say with a pinch of salt, remember this isn’t ALWAYS the case and I’m basing some of these from bad fanfiction…
Disclaimer: These are my opinions.
- Have instant physical attraction (if that’s your thing)
- Have your characters get to know each other.
- Show the progression of the relationship.
- Still mention other characters in your story.
- Make the relationship realistic
- Have arguments (no relationship is perfect)
- Have things about the other person that annoys them (you left the seat up- AGAIN).
- Have them love each other instantly. It takes time to love each other and love grows as the relationship progresses.
- Have instant trust. (this may work for some, but I don’t think it’s realistic.)
- Make the relationship perfect
- Forget the other characters
- Only focus on the physical attraction (unless it’s not about love)
- Be sickly with their love. It turns me off, and I’m sure it turns others off.
- Make them have sex every five minutes.
Thanks for the question!